Goat Cheese and Basil Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
4 oz. garlic herb goat cheese
4 large basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Loosen the skin from the meat, leaving one side attached.
- Cut the goat cheese in four equal parts. Place 1 piece of goat cheese under the skin on the breast and top with on large basil leaf. Continue until all four breasts are done.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the breasts evenly.
- Salt and pepper the breasts.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes, (depending on the size of your breasts) until the skin is lightly browned and chicken is just cooked through.